ONLINE PRIVACY STATEMENT
We are dedicated to protecting your privacy and safeguarding your personal identifiable information by adhering to the principles of applicable data protection and privacy laws.
WHEELCHAIR88 is committed to creating an experience that is relevant to your needs by using the information you entrust us with responsibly. We have provided this Privacy Statement to help you understand how we collect, use and protect your information when you visit our sites. We wish to help you make informed decisions, so please take a moment to read the sections below:
- INFORMATION WE COLLECT
- PERSONAL INFORMATION
- COLLECTION OF PERSONAL IDENTIFIABLE INFORMATION
- PROCESSING AND DISCLOSURE OF INFORMATION
- SECURITY MEASURES
- INTERNATIONAL DATA TRANSFERS
- ONLINE TECHNOLOGIES
- LINKS TO OTHER WEBSITES
- UPDATES TO OUR PRIVACY STATEMENTS
- CONTACT US
This Privacy Statement is applicable to:
any data processing implemented by WHEELCHAIR88 and any WHEELCHAIR88 websites and social media pages, including but not limited to:
2. PERSONAL INFORMATION WE COLLECT
WHEELCHAIR88 defines “Personal Information” as information that identifies you as an individual or relates to an identifiable individual.
We collect information about our customers and visitors to our websites, so that we can process orders, receive customer service requests and/or enhance the experience that is relevant to one’s need.
Information that we may collect include, but is not limited to the following:
- Account and order related information such as goods purchased, any needs, requirements, preferences or other details you provide, information about special requests made during ordering or subsequent communications;
- Marketing preferences through registering for e-newsletters
- Photos you submit;
- Response to communications to and from us pertaining to orders, appointments, support requests, inquiries, surveys, questionnaires, feedback forms, and promotional offers;
- Job application submission;
Additional contact information about you that we may obtain through third parties with whom we do business (e.g. Facebook, Instagram or similar providers).
We may collect information both directly via our websites and from third parties with whom we do business. These information shall be deemed collected by us with your permission.
Should you be submitting any personal information relating to other people to us or our service providers (e.g. placing an order on behalf of another individual), you represent that you have the authority to do so and permit us to use the information in accordance to this Privacy Statement.
We may collect information in a few ways, including but not limited to the following:
- Through Online Services:
We may collect information when you make a reservation or purchase goods and services from us, communicate via our online chat services, send us an email, sign up for e-newsletters and other programs or participate in a survey, contest or promotional offer.
- Through Offline Services:
We may collect information offline when you contact us over the telephone or visit our offices or the office of a third-party or affiliate who may provide services to our customers on our behalf under contract with us, or meet us at an event
- Other Sources:
We may collect information from other sources such as joint marketing partners and other third parties.
3. USE OF PERSONAL INFORMATION
At WHEELCHAIR88, we are committed to providing you with information about the collection and use of personal information collected from, or furnished by you while using our websites, products and services.
We may use the information in various ways including personal contact via our website, through email and telephone correspondence and through third parties and business partners.
The primary uses of the data and information collected from you may include and are not limited to:
- provide services you request such as processing a transaction such as submitting an order, responding to an inquiry or in delivering product support, arranging for repairs or maintenance, etc.
- provide notifications including but not limited to company and/or product announcements, bulletins, recall notifications, administrative information, product registration confirmations and related correspondence, service appointment reminders and related correspondence, spare parts shipment notices, copies of transaction records, marketing communications, and promotional offers, and allow for your participation in satisfaction surveys or market research.
You may, in certain instances, be offered the option not to submit your personal information or to decide on the type of communication you want to receive from us. However, by not providing the information or providing inaccurate or incomplete information, this may restrict or affect the order process or other transactions, for which we shall not be liable in any manner whatsoever should any transactions fail to proceed or any attempts to use our online ordering processes by you be frustrated, delayed, or rejected, or otherwise lead to any result which you may not have desired or anticipated.
4. PROCESSING AND DISCLOSURE OF INFORMATION
The information you provided is added to a local or global database. During the course of processing your information, it may be necessary to transfer the data to WHEELCHAIR88 affiliates and/or third party service providers (e.g. fulfilment or shipping suppliers) for the purpose outlined within this Privacy Statement. We do not sell, rent or give physical possession of this personal information to unaffiliated third parties outside of WHEELCHAIR88.
WHEELCHAIR88 may disclose your information in the following circumstances, including but not limited to:
- when we have received your consent or deemed consent to do so
- when we have informed you of our intentions to do so
- when sharing or disclosing your information is necessary in order to provide you with the products or services you requested such as product, accessory or spare parts order fulfilment and shipping, repair or maintenance service.
- when third party service providers that perform certain business activities on behalf of WHEELCHAIR88 require this information to process the services required, such as credit card processing, order fulfillment and shipping, repair services, customer support services or satisfaction surveys
In the event WHEELCHAIR88 is merged with, enters into a partnership with or is acquired by another company
- when there is an emergency and need to safeguard the life, health or property of an individual or corporation
- when it is necessary to comply with legal or regulatory obligations in accordance with applicable law thereof
5. COLLECTION OF OTHER INFORMATION
WHEELCHAIR88 defines “Other Information” is any information that does not reveal your specific identity or does not directly relate to an individual. These include, but are not limited to:
- Browser and device information
- Demographic information
- Information collected through cookies, pixel tags and other technologies
- We and our third-party service providers may collect “Other Information” in a few ways including, but not limited to:
- Through your browser or device
Information is collected by most browsers or automatically through your devices such as computer type, operating system, device manufacturer, Internet browser type and version. This information is used to ensure that the online services we provide you functions properly.
This is the number assigned to the computer you used when accessing our online services. Collecting IP Addresses is a standard practice and we use it to diagnose any server-side problems pertaining to the online services we provide.
Physical Location & Mobile Location
We may collect the physical location to provide you with personalized location-based content for an enhanced online service.
We may also share your mobile device’s location combined with information about the advertisements viewed as well as other information collected with marketing partners to provide you personalized content and to study the effectiveness of our advertising campaigns. You may be permitted to allow or deny such uses in some instances, but by doing so, we and/or our marketing partners may not be able to provide you with the applicable personalized content and services.
Cookies are snippets of information stored directly on the computer or mobile device that you use. These cookies allow us to collect information when you visit our website, such as time spent, pages visited, language preferences and other aggregated data. We use this statistical information about the use of our website to allow us to continually improve the design and functionality, to enhance your browsing and reservation experience.
Through pixel tag and other similar technologies
Also known as web beacons, pixel tags may be used as part of tracking and measurement of success of our marketing campaigns. This provides us with statistics on website usage and response rates after being exposed to marketing campaigns on third-party sites.
6. SECURITY MEASURES
We will take appropriate measure to safeguard your personal identifiable information. At WHEELCHAIR88, we periodically review and enhance our technical, physical, and logical security rules and procedures. Our websites and servers have procedures in place to protect your personally identifiable information against misuse, loss and alteration while under our management. Although we cannot promise “guaranteed security” on or off the Internet, we safeguard your information using both procedural and technical measures such as password controls, ‘firewalls’ and the use of 128-bit encryption based on a Class 3 Digital Certificate. This allows for the use of Secure Sockets Layer (SSL), an encryption method used to help prevent interception and hacking while in transit.
7. LINKS TO OTHER WEBSITES
For your convenience and information, WHEELCHAIR88 may provide links to other websites. Please note that we are not responsible or liable for any content presented by or contained in any external or independent web site, including, but not limited to, any advertising claims or marketing practices. WHEELCHAIR88 will protect your information on WHEELCHAIR88 owned and operated websites in accordance with this Privacy Statement, but we cannot control and will not be responsible for the privacy policies of external or third party websites. This includes other websites not controlled or authorized by WHEELCHAIR88.
8. ACCURACY OF DATA
WHEELCHAIR88 takes the information you have provided as accurate and complete and will use the information accordingly. Unless you provide us with updated information, the last information which you provide shall be deemed by us to be current and accurate and we shall not be responsible for information that is sent to addresses or emails that are no longer valid or current.
9. UPDATING AND ACCESSING YOUR PERSONAL INFORMATION
If you wish to update any data or information previously submitted to us, you can do so by sending us a request by email to the address in section 13. In our effort to prevent unauthorized disclosure of personal information, you may be asked to provide proof of identity or other authentication materials.
You may also receive mailings or other communication materials from our strategic marketing partners and /or carefully selected third parties. You will always have the option to decline any or all of these communications by following the directions included in our emails or other communications, or by contacting WHEELCHAIR88 directly. You can easily unsubscribe from our promotional emails by using the “Unsubscribe” link provided in each email without cost except the transmission costs.
At WHEELCHAIR88, we do not knowingly collect personal information from minors. If we discover information submitted by minors, we are at liberty to destroy or reject such information collected, and shall not be liable for any missed opportunities. As a parent or legal guardian, please do not allow your children to submit personal information without your permission.
11. INTERNATIONAL DATA TRANSFERS
WHEELCHAIR88 uses AWS (Amazon) web and database servers located in the Unites States of America.
12. UPDATES ON OUR PRIVACY STATEMENTS
In order to meet changes in the regulatory environment, business needs, or to satisfy the needs of our customers and service providers, WHEELCHAIR88 may amend this Privacy Statement from time to time. Therefore, we invite you to read this Privacy Statement regularly.
13. CONTACT US
Please contact us if you have any questions about this Privacy Statement and how WHEELCHAIR88 processes your personal identifiable information in general. You may reach us at: